Absence from Rehearsaladmin
- All rehearsals are mandatory unless otherwise indicated on the choir calendar. Attendance at every FCCC rehearsal is critical to the creation of the best possible choir.
- Attendance is expected at all rehearsals and attendance records are kept. Many FCCC singers attain perfect attendance each year. If the number of absences begins to affect either the child’s or the choir’s progress, parents will be contacted to discuss the child’s future in the program.
- More than two unexcused absences from rehearsal per semester or missing a concert without a valid reason may be grounds for dismissal from the choir. Mandatory school performance, illness, death in the family and emergency situations constitute excused absences.
- If you know in advance your child will miss a rehearsal, please send a note or call the Choir Manager. Last-minute illness or other crises may be reported by calling the Choir Manager and leaving a message at 203.414.4292.
- Rehearsals will begin promptly as scheduled. For the first rehearsal, plan to arrive 15 minutes early to check-in and find your seat. Choristers should be picked up promptly at the conclusion of rehearsals and performances. At the conclusion of our rehearsal, choristers will remain inside the building until met by a parent for transportation home.
- Rehearsals are held at Fairfield Woods Middle School in Fairfield, CT.
- Each chorister is required to wear her/his name tag at each rehearsal. This enables our music staff to get to know the children, as well as enabling the children to get to know each other
- There will be a $1.00 fine for missing name tags